Motivational Quotes for Basketball
This is going to be a special page for you to bookmark and re-visit whenever you’re in need of Motivational Quotes for Basketball.
Because we’ve collected self motivation quotes from not only basketball players and coaches, but also from people outside the game who have had great success in their chosen field.
It’s easy to limit your inspirational sources to those found in the game of basketball.
However, you can also apply the principles found in the words of a spiritual teacher such as Wayne Dyer or a personal growth coach like Anthony Robbins.
Enjoy the following Motivational Quotes for Basketball and always remember to find sources of motivation and inspiration from as many sources as you can possibly find…
Now, on to the Motivational Quotes for Basketball!
Motivational Quotes for Basketball (1-5)
- “Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – Jeremy Kitson
- “Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.” -Dr. James Naismith (creator of basketball)
- “There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.” – Mark Twain
- “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “I have no individual goals. We play for one reason and that’s to win the title. Practice is more important than the games, and I will practice when I’m hurt, when 95 percent of the players in this league would sit out. I expect all of you to do the same thing. You will follow my lead.” – Michael Jordan
- “The difference between men who succeed or fail is their ability to handle pressure.” – Edwin Louis Cole
- “Because a fellow has failed once or twice or a dozen times, you don’t want to set him down as a failure till he’s dead or loses his courage.” – George Horace Lorimer
- “Courage and initiative come when you understand your purpose in life.” – John Maxwell
- “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” – Anthony Robbins
- “You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going.” – Mike Litman
- “You can’t get much done in life if you work only on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
- “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Unknown
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “There’s no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.” – Wayne Dyer
- “People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them make them.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “I am grateful for all my problems. After each one was overcome, I become stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties.” – JC Penney
- “Your attitude is an expression of your values, beliefs and expectations.” – Brian Tracy
- “You’re the only one who can make the difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it.” – Magic Johnson
- “The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life – mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical.” – Julius Erving
- “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy ‘Satchel’ Paige
- “Attitude – not aptitude – determines your altitude.” – Unknown
- “No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.” – Helen Keller
- “If you have ability in a certain area, why not capitalize on it and improve it and use it?.” – Wilt Chamberlain
- “Most of us serve our ideals by fits and starts. The person who makes a success of living is one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That’s dedication.” – Cecil B. DeMille
- “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” – William James