Find inspiration with Basketball Motivative Quotes.
Yes, there are times when you lack motivation. Even though you love the game of basketball more than anything, you’re also human.
Allow yourself to go through times like these. It’s OK. Accept that you need a little help, read through the basketball motivative quotes we’ve collected here and find the inspiration you need to continue on your basketball journey.
The key to winners is that they never give up. They know about and accept the troubling times. Then they fight through them to reach the next level of dominance.
You will do the same! And basketball motivated quotes can be the first step to fixing a lack of self confidence. As always, don’t be surprised to see non-sports quotes or quotes from other sports alongside our basketball motivated quotes.
You can find inspiration and motivation from those types just as well as you can from basketball motivated quotes.
Now, let’s dive into the Basketball Motivative Quotes!
Basketball Motivative Quotes (1-5)
- “I have no individual goals. We play for one reason and that’s to win the title. Practice is more important than the games, and I will practice when I’m hurt, when 95 percent of the players in this league would sit out. I expect all of you to do the same thing. You will follow my lead.” – Michael Jordan
- “Most of my learning and philosophy regarding coaching basketball was developed after great frustration.” – Dick Bennett
- “The secret of our success is found in our daily agenda.” – John Maxwell
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Never underestimate the heart of a champion.” – Rudy Tomjanovich
Basketball Motivative Quotes (6-10)
- “Don’t go to the grave with life unused.” – Bobby Bowden
- “Commitment to the team – there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or out.” – Pat Riley
- “Life is not the passing of time. Life is the collection of experiences and their intensity.” – Jim Rohn
- “If somebody says no to you, or if you get cut, Michael Jordan was cut his first year, but he came back and he was the best ever. That is what you have to have. The attitude that I’m going to show everybody, I’m going to work hard to get better and better.” – Magic Johnson
- “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” – Larry Bird
Basketball Motivative Quotes (11-15)
- “Goals determine what you’re going to be.” – Julius Erving
- “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
- “There is nothing more important than rebounding… don’t just give it lip service.” – Don Meyer
- “I always talked to my players about today. It’s the only day that matters.” – John Wooden
- “When I played with Michael Jordan on the Olympic team, there was a huge gap between his ability and the ability of the other great players on that team. But what impressed me was that he was always the first one on the floor and the last one to leave.” – Steve Alford
Basketball Motivative Quotes (16-20)
- “The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.” – Charles Barkley
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
- “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.” – Michael Jordan
- “The biggest failure of all is the person that never tries.” – Dr. Larry Kimsey
- “I don’t recruit players who are nasty to their parents. I look for players who realize the world doesn’t revolve around them.” – Pete Carill