Here you go, free basketball quotes.
Don’t worry, we’d never dream of making you pay for some cool basketball quotes 😉
No theme here, just a collection of free basketball quotes for you to run through.
Some may make you laugh, a few may make you scratch your head, and a few just might motivate you and give you a sense of inspiration to carry with you back on the court!
After you’re done enjoying the basketball quotes on this page, don’t forget to visit our Great Basketball Quotes home page, where we link you to hundreds of other free basketball quotes…
Now, on to the Free Basketball Quotes!
Free Basketball Quotes (1-5)
- “The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.” – Bill Russell
- “We try to stress the little things because little things lead to big things.” – Steve Alford
- “I am sure that no man can derive more pleasure from money or power than I do from seeing a pair of basketball goals in some out of the way place–deep in the Wisconsin woods an old barrel hoop nailed to a tree, or a weather-beaten shed on the Mexican border with a rusty iron hoop nailed to one end.” – Dr James Naismith (created basketball)
- “Champions do not become champions when they win an event, but in the hours, weeks, and months, and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely a demonstration of their championship character.” – Michael Jordan
- “In evaluating the way in which ball possessions are gained during the course of a game, we find that 60 to 80 percent of the possessions are gained by rebounding and after an opponent’s score. Twenty percent come from opponents’s error, and only 5 percent of the possessions come from steals and interceptions. A study of the way ball possessions are gained makes it seem highly impractical to base pressure defense on interceptions and steals.” – Ralph Miller, former Oregon State coach (674 victories)
Free Basketball Quotes (6-10)
- “What is so fascinating about sitting around watching a bunch of pituitary cases stuff a ball through a hoop?” – Woody Allen
- “The first time I shot the hook, I was in fourth grade, and I was about five feet eight inches tall. I put the ball up and felt totally at ease with the shot. I was completely confident it would go in. I’ve been shooting it ever since.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “There is no limit to what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit.” – John Wooden
- “The key to coaching is not what you do, but the way you do it. The intangibles, the motivational parts of the game are the most important facets of it.” – Rick Pitino
- “Shooting is all about confidence.” – Tubby Smith
Free Basketball Quotes (11-15)
- “Basketball is like photography, if you don’t focus, all you have is the negative.” – Dan Frisby
- “I don’t believe professional athletes should be role models. I believe parents should be role models…” – Charles Barkley
- “First master the fundamentals.” – Larry Bird
- “No rebounds – no rings.” – Pat Riley
- “Great players and great teams want to be driven. They want to be pushed to the edge. They don’t want to be cheated. Ordinary players and average teams want it to be easy.” – Pat Riley
Free Basketball Quotes (16-20)
- “Offense is spacing and spacing is offense.” – Chuck Daly
- “Your ability to communicate to your young people will determine your success.” – Jim Harrick
- “Success is a peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden
- “Basketball is the MTV of sports.” – Sara Levinson
- “These are my new shoes. They’re good shoes. They won’t make you rich like me, they won’t make you rebound like me, they definitely won’t make you handsome like me. They’ll only make you have shoes like me. That’s it!” – Charles Barkley