Magic Johnson Quotes
Who doesn’t remember watching Magic Johnson play and just thoroughly enjoying the process?
… Except, of course, if you happened to be a Boston Celtics fan!
If you’re too young to have watched Magic Johnson play during the great 1980’s Los Angeles Lakers’ days, we recommend you find some old tapes and sit down for a treat.
As part of our Superhero Basketball Quotes Series, we bring you Magic Quotes.
When you’re done enjoying the following Magic Johnson quotes, you can visit our Great Basketball Quotes for hundreds of more basketball quotes.
Now, on to the Magic Johnson Quotes!
Magic Johnson Quotes (1-5)
- “Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates.”
- “You’re the only one who can make the difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it.”
- “All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.”
- “I want to be here for a long time, so I am going to do everything I have to do to be here. And I want to walk my daughter down the aisle and give her away to somebody some day. I want to make sure I am still here to make sure my two young sons become men.”
- “If somebody says no to you, or if you get cut, Michael Jordan was cut his first year, but he came back and he was the best ever. That is what you have to have. The attitude that I’m going to show everybody, I’m going to work hard to get better and better.”
- “When you face a crisis, you know who your true friends are.”
- “Young people want you to be real with them.”
- “Everybody on a championship team doesn’t get publicity, but everyone can say he’s a champion.”
- “My diet is mostly chicken and fish. I make sure I get a lot of vegetables, a lot of fruit. I am a big fruit man, I am a vegetable man anyway. And I also get a lot of rest. That’s the key. I may be up early, but I’m in bed early too.”
- “I wanted to do two things when I was growing up, about your age. I wanted to play in the NBA, and I wanted to be a businessman after my basketball career was over, and that is what I am doing now.”
- “Standing on that platform, I said a silent prayer. I thanked God for giving me the strength and the opportunity to come back, to play basketball again, and to be part of that whole magnificent Olympic experience. It’s a memory I will always cherish.”
- “They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.”
- “You don’t have to be Magic to be special. You’re already special, you’re you.”
- “I never think that there’s something I can’t do, whether it’s beating my opponent one on one or practicing another hour because something about my game is just not right.”
- “If you’re a competitive person, that stays with you. You don’t stop. You always look over your shoulder.”
- “My father is my idol, so I always did everything like him. He used to work two jobs and still come home happy every night. He didn’t do drugs or drink, and he wouldn’t let anyone smoke in his house. Those are rules I adopted, too.”
- “Magic is who I am on the basketball court. Earvin is who I am.”
Magic Johnson Quotes (6-10)
Magic Johnson Quotes (11-17)
END: Magic Johnson Quotes