When you need motivational basketball quotes and sayings, it’ll be a great idea to have this page bookmarked so you can come back again and again.
Whenever you’re experiencing a mental state that’s anything but confident, reading through one or more motivational basketball quotes and sayings can sometimes be all you need.
By reading the words of others, you’re able to tap into their moments of inspiration and it motivates you to change your thinking process into one that’s positive. Once your mind is positive and motivated, your body follows and performs the way you want on the basketball court.
Don’t be surprised if you find a few non-basketball or non-sport quotes below, as it makes sense for you to learn about motivation from those outside the sport, also.
Additionally, don’t forget that besides the motivational basketball quotes and sayings here, we have a Great Basketball Quotes Home Page, where we link you to hundreds of more quotes!
Now, on to the Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings!
Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings (1-5)
- “Praise your kids. Inspire and motivate your players with praise. Ten years from now it won’t matter what your record was. Will your kids love you or hate you?” – Jim Harrick
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “If all I’m remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I’ve done a bad job with the rest of my life.” – Isiah Thomas
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “When you are speaking to your team after a game, never talk about the kid who was the star of the game. Talk about what your other players did to help the team win. Be sure to spread the wealth… Then have individual meetings with one to three players to praise and reinforce. Make sure you touch them.” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The game isn’t over till it’s over.” – Yogi Berra
- “It doesn’t matter who scores the points, it’s who can get the ball to the scorer.” – Larry Bird
- “I am a big believer in the ‘mirror test’. All that matters is if you can look in the mirror and honestly tell the person you see there, that you’ve done your best.” – John McKay
- “You can’t get much done in life if you work only on the days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
- “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain – and most fools do.” – Dale Carnegie
- “How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. You have to be willing to work for it.” – Jim Valvano
- “The big time is not a place; it’s the state of your heart. It’s not something you get; it’s something you become.” – Frosty Westering
- “I found this sandbank by the Pearl River near my hometown, Columbia, Mississippi. I laid out a course of 65 yards or so. Sixty-five yards on sand is like 120 on turf. But running on sand helps you make your cuts at full speed. I try to pick the heat of the day to run in, but sometimes that sand will get so hot you can’t stand in one place. It’ll blister your feet. You get to the point where you have to keep pushing yourself. You stop, throw up and push yourself again. There’s no one around to feel sorry for you.” – Walter Payton
- “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” – Ralph W. Emerson
- “The biggest thing that I felt basketball could do for me was help me get a good education.” – Julius Erving
- “Great teamwork is the only way to reach our ultimate moments, and create breakthroughs that define our careers and fulfill our lives.” – Pat Riley
- “The truth of the matter is that there’s nothing you can’t accomplish if: (1) You clearly decide what it is that you’re absolutely committed to achieving, (2) You’re willing to take massive action, (3) You notice what’s working or not, and (4) You continue to change your approach until you achieve what you want, using whatever life gives you along the way.” – Anthony Robbins
- “I just love the game of basketball so much. The Game! I don’t need the 18,000 people screaming and all the peripheral things. To me, the most enjoyable part is the practice and the preparation.” – Bobby Knight
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” – Arthur Ashe
Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings (6-10)
Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings (11-15)
Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings (16-20)
END: Motivational Basketball Quotes and Sayings